Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Kaleidoscope 4/14/16

Sweet
Kaleidoscope eyes
The first and most
Amazing and wonderful
Moment of my life
Was the day you were
Born
The day you came into
My world
And changed
Me forever

I remember that
Day like it was
Yesterday

That day
I woke up at
3am
Because my
Water had
Broken
Your Mema
Had already
Known somehow
And was already
Ready to roll
Many hours passed...
Moments of such
Agony that only a
Woman can know
Were forgotten
In the space
Of a breath...
Your first...

It was in that moment....
When they laid you on my belly
While your Mema cut your
Umbilical cord
That I felt,
For the first time
The ferocity
Of love
Of a mother
For her daughter....

No matter what distance
Lies between us
Or what obstacles
Are placed in our path
I will never stop
Loving you
As I have  done
Every day of your life
And will continue to do
Every day of mine...

I dreamed of you
Last night
And it was so real
So vivid
That when I woke
It was in tears
Still reaching
For you
You were angry
You refused to give
Even an inch
And as I turned
To honor your wishes
And stay away,
You ran into
My arms
And looked straight at me
With those amazing
Kaleidoscope eyes
And told me that you
Loved me still

No matter what separates us now
Know that I will always be here

Praying that one day
This one dream
That I have left
Will come
To fruition

No comments:

Post a Comment