Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Hero 8/21/14

When I was a little girl 
I thought you were god
I know I shouldn't. Say that 
But it's true
You were everything I thought 
God was supposed to be.
Handsome
Strong
Loving 
But firm
You were my hero
And I would have followed 
You anywhere

But I grew up
As little girls tend to do
But due to circumstances 
Far beyond reason
I wasn't meant to be with you
So our journeys parted
Mine took me into the bowls
Of hell and left me on the edge 
But this story isn't about me

From what I have leaned
Yours took you into the loving arms
Of your soul mate 
You had lives to save 
With your call to heal the sick
You had two more beautiful girls
That graced your life with their light 
And you found your way 
Into a strong relationship with god. 

When we met again 
After years apart
When I was standing 
On the edge of no return 
You saved me
You drew me back to life 
So that I could stay with my baby
So that I could see the
Gracious life I wanted to achieve

But I lost my way in my darkness 
And I wouldn't let myself believe
That I was worth saving
And you found yourself
Facing the battle of your life

I wasn't there for the beginning 
But I was there at the end.  
And I held your hand in mine
And kissed your cheek 
And asked god to tell you
That you're still my hero 
And now j know that you and god
Are up there guiding me 
And showing me the way
Out of the darkness 
And into your light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment