Saturday, September 8, 2012

Could You... 09/08/2012

Trying to avoid you
And then I try to run
But you're buried in my head
You're burning in my blood

I can never escape this circus
This game of where I belong
This farce of who I am
Pretending I am strong

So I'm done acting
I'm done being afraid
I'm tearing out the ribbons 
Of the life that I once led

I've bared my soul to you
I've watched you chew it up
Spit it out
I've handed you my heart 
And watched you crush it 
Under your boot
Watched you dig it in like garbage
As you turned to walk away

So I'm done pretending
That I'm okay with this
I'm throwing off the bondage
Of who I used to be

I no longer give a fuck
If you see the darker side of me
I can't help if you see, 
What life has made of me
I can't wait to introduce you
To the me I don't understand myself

I'm still searching for the pieces
To the puzzle of my mind
Could you be the one 
To accept my insecurities
To drag me out of hell




No comments:

Post a Comment