Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Definitions 10/23/12

This one goes out to those of you that truly believe you know what the fuck you're talking about...
(all definitions come from Websters Online Dictionary)

addiction - 
being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)

Yes, I'm an addict... I know addiction better than most
So you
Who think you know what it is to suffer
The pain and self effacing 
Indignity of what we suffer
Please... if you really believe you understand...
I've got a pill or twelve for you....

Suffering -

n. 1. The bearing of pain, inconvenience, or loss; pain endured; distress, loss, or injury incurred; as, sufferings by pain or sorrow; sufferings by want or by wrongs.
a.   1. Being in pain or grief; having loss, injury, distress, etc.

I'm sure there are quite a few of you 
That understand suffering
That know what it is to hurt
To know everything you touch
Will fail or die by your own hand
Wishing you had the courage
To end you yourself
But knowing you lack the strength of will
I know these things as well
I've lived them the same as you... 
Perhaps not exactly, 
But if I can relate to your pain
How can you dis-regard mine

Love - A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preĆ«minent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.


I've loved a lot of things
Up until now
I loved being high
Loved letting go of everything
And I loved the pain
That allowed me to get this way
Caressed it just like a lover
But love has taken me
On a new course
One I never saw coming

I love the new me
Regardless of your mouth
Your opinion
I love the new me
So if you can't make yourself 
Forget that you knew me
Make yourself scarce...
For your own safety
Because your opinions 
Don't define
The woman I am today
In spite of you

No comments:

Post a Comment