Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Place Called Home 10/8/12

There is a place for me
In your bed,
Empty
Waiting for me
Calling me
Like a
Siren
Like a beacon
In the night
Calling me
To a foreign place
I haven't been
In so long
I don't know
How to act
Don't know how
Don't know why
You said
You love me
Just as I love you
Seems like a dream
Like a lie from
The devil
To taunt my
Aching need
To be allowed
To call you
Mine...
To be able
To call this
Home...
It has been
So damn long
Since I was able
To know what
It is to feel
Serenity
To be able
To feel
Worthy enough
Of your embrace
Because you don't see
The layers of
Filth
All over me
You've made me
Feel clean
For the first time
In so long
That I can't help
But feel like
This isn't real
You've handed me
A life
That I have
Only ever believed
Could belong
To anyone
But me
You've shown me
A place
Called home...
A place for me
To heal
A place for me
To revel in
The sweet words
You whispered to me
To let them
Begin the
Healing
And for the first time
In forever...
I now believe
That with your
Tenderness
And your ability
To complete me
Will finally
Show me
How to
To allow myself
To be loved
You've unlocked
The prison I built
Inside me
To shield me
From humanity
You've annihilated
All my safe guards
You're too good for
The likes of me
But you've got me
Under your spell
And now,
Now that you've
Told me what's
In your heart...
Now that I know
That I have not
Been loving
In vain..
Now that I know
You've seen my
Darkness
For what it is
And still choose
To give me the gift
Of your love
Now I know
With every
Fiber of my being
That I am home
That I am loved
And that I'm ready
Finally
To take that
Empty spot
Beside you
And call it
Home

I am home
I am loved
And I am ready
To begin
To really live
This new life
To walk beside you
With my head
Held high
With the pride
Of a woman
Finally set free

No comments:

Post a Comment