Wednesday, October 3, 2012

For Lisa V & Chris V 10/3/12

This is going out to someone
Who's wisdom is beyond time
Who's heart is beyond words
I'd just like to let you know
You started
This reckoning
You opened the
Floodgates 
You stopped me
From taking my own life
And I never found the words
At the time 
To tell you
Thank you
For not giving up
For being the first 
In a very long time
To see me as 
Someone worth saving

And to you Christopher
The brother of my soul
The one who's faith in me
Has never, will never
Waver
No matter how many times
I put it to the test.
You've saved me 
In so many ways
So many times
Because you've taken the 
Place of my conscience
You've shown me what 
It is to love
Without reservation
You've shown me that
No matter the darkness 
That hides inside me
There is someone
Who can see the light
And who can pull it out
(kicking and screaming)
When need be

I miss you both

No comments:

Post a Comment